Sunday, April 11, 2010

Selah

You know the plans You have for me
You will complete Your work in me
My name's engraved upon Your heart
- "My Abba" , Karen Lim


I feel I have grown again through the experience... I really thank God that He always takes things meant to stumble us and to turn it around into a huge blessing - not just for us, but for those we can encourage because we can truly empathize.


Before I miscarriaged, another friend of mine miscarried a few days earlier. We got to know each other online. And at first she was bottling all her hurts and guilt inside. Her sms to tell me she had miscarried was short and I could feel her pain. When I miscarriaged and shared with her, she was able to open up to me with nothing to hold her back because we were both in the same boat.


She is a Roman Catholic but a "baby" one. We have one common denominator- our Redeemer.


So I was able to grieve together with her and share together with her. And the other day she msged to tell me that she really felt like she's healed from the experience and that she has also grown deeper in His Word through all the sharings we've had together on sms and emails.


And that to me, was really a "HAHA! TAKE THAT, ENEMY!" moment. We didn't give in to the defeat and the emotions that threatened to drown us out, but kept resting on the Solid Rock of Christ.


It is beautiful on hindsight... so awesome in fact... how Abba Daddy God, through the sea of pain, led me to someone else also in that sea and who needed to be kept buoyant by His Word. I was able to share my life jacket, my floating device... and there were 2 victories to shout His fame. =)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Geri, am sorry to hear of your loss and am believing for restoration for you and your family. 7fold! Would like to send you an email with more encouragement, albeit in a more personal setting. Would you mind letting me know how to best to email you? Thanks! Shalom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops didn't leave an email address. mysterymeatballs@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Geri,

    Thanks for your blog. I've got your link from Michell's thread, i went thru the same think on Sep 21, sorry for your loss and i am sure God bless us again soon, your words give me encouragement n comfortness. I need to keep myself going! Keep faith!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm like you too, love to share your blog on my facebook page set up to support women who miscarried.I just set up this page on facebook a couple of days ago pls support by clicking like and sharing your story. Facebook page: Pregnancy Loss/ Miscarriage Support Page for Asian Women

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Geraldine, I came across your blog entry on mummysg.com and was directed here. Your faith in God's faithfulness is so admirable and inspiring. I'd recently gone through a missed miscarriage and d&c, and I have to say, there is such myriad emotions inside and I'm trying so hard not to be angry; angry at God for giving and then taking away. I don't have any Christian friends who've gone through this (thank God), and I don't know if what I'm feeling is right, or how to get out of this rut, and I just thought I'd try my luck leaving a comment here. =/

    ReplyDelete