Tuesday, March 2, 2010

001- Announcing the Baby-to-be =)

Good news- We are expecting a second child late this year =D And this blog is to journal our walk as a family and my thoughts on being a second time mum for the next 8 months or so.

We found out about our baby-to-be on the evening of this year's Chup Gor Meh (last day of the Lunar New Year). Just that afternoon, my Aunt spoke over us, "Zhao Sheng Gui Zi!" as we tossed the Yu Sheng high up into the air. Ian and I was just sharing that we were ready to welcome an addition to our little family of 3.

On our way to Suntec City for our Sunday Service, I felt led to get a pregnancy test kit. I got a regular one from Guardian for $8.10. It didn't take long for the two lines to appear clearly in the window. Thrilled, I messaged Ian who was in the MPH bookstore with Kae that I was pregnant. I attached a photo of the test kit. Ian told me it was good that I explained what the picture meant because he had no idea what the result was just by looking at the test kit. Lol.

When I joined him he was really happy and I also broke the news to Kae by whispering in his ear. The little one's face broke into a huge grin. =D

We went for service and I felt so emotional and praise-filled for this wonderful blessing. Ian and I decided to confirm it with a second test before informing our folks, so I bought another kit from Guardian- this time, one that could actually tell how far along I am.

As he fed Kae dinner, I did the test. It confirmed the pregnancy and it also stated that I was more than 3 weeks along. Immediately, I called our parents and loved ones to inform them. =)

When we got home, I downloaded a pregnancy calculator and it is estimated that baby is about
currently about 5 odd weeks along. ^.^

Kae and Ian are both really excited about the baby. Kae is thrilled at the prospect of being a kor kor and Ian is really excited about welcoming an addition to our little family of 3.

Being an only child, this is such a wonderful thing for me as Kae won't be alone and we will have one more little one to share our love and our lives with.

Gonna blog about the pregnancy here. I know I already have a blog that journals my Christian walk, but I wanted to specifically have a Pregnancy Journal for this little one. In fact, now with services that can actually PRINT out blogs from Blogger for keeps, it was clear which service I would employ for this purpose. =) Sorry Tumblr...

(To be fair, I kept an online journal for Kae too, but Geocities shut down, so I lost that website. =p)

I have thought of names for the little one already-

If the baby is a girl, we might name her Sophia (wisdom) Chanya (grace; pronounced as Hannah) Wee, Huang En Xi (Grace and Joy).

If the baby is a boy, we might name him Zeke (pronounced as Ze-Key; short for Ezekiel) Elisha Wee, Huang Zhong Shun (Loyal and Successful).

Any other suggestions? If it is a boy, I want to give him a similar first Chinese character as Kae. It is also sort of a tribute to my eldest cousin (Zachary or Zac), whom I look up to a lot as a kid and who introduced me to my passion for books. =D Zeke is pronounced differently and is derived from Ezekiel instead of Zechariah, but I figure that when I call out to our son I can just go Z; it's like how I call Kaelen, K. Short and sweet haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment