Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Seasons

I recall how my chemistry teacher used to tell us how she loved to smell her son's shirts whenever he wasn't in town. And we all laughed and some called her a psycho.

But I guess now I am in the season to understand this love...

This maternal love that enjoys watching her little one sleep, enjoys folding his clothes and marveling at how much he has grown over the years.

This maternal love is also in the season of understanding how mothers can love deeply even the children they have lost from the start, and coming to empathise with the hope in the LORD that all these women stand upon.

I feel like I have come to understand so many things through this one loss, that I believe will not happen ever again to us... I know that the LORD has taken this sorrow and turned it around into rejoicing and to bless our walk as a married couple, as a family.

I can see how K appreciates us even more after this loss... perhaps from grieving along with us in his little 8 yr old way that was full of hope in Jesus, as opposed to despair.

Selah.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod Touch

No comments:

Post a Comment