Monday, March 15, 2010

021 Dangers of the Dusty Forums

Don't let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ.
- Col2:8 NLT


Although it is nice to speak to similarly pregnant mummies on the Forum, it was very hard to avoid reading the philosophies of this world that is centred on fear, trying to fortune tell (IMHO tying to count rice to determine gender may sound like harmless fun but it is superstitious & is a form of fortune telling or divination).

I was juz telling Andrea that it was becoming a place where women go to speak fear into each other. And interestingly, hours later I checked my inbox to see an email from a new friend I made there, and she was talking about how she was going to avoid the forums because of the anxiety it brought about from reading some of the posts.

For me, it felt like an affirmation of what I felt about the forum and a reminder of Col2:8. In fact, I realised perhaps the fear talk there led to my bleeding earlier on. Of course, that door of attack is now firmly shut and sealed by the blood of Christ.

I love meditating on this verse from Psalms- I am as strong as a wild ox and anointed with the finest oil! :)) I am as STRONG as a wild ox--- Jesus is my strength!! It is not about my strength. It is about His strength. As He is in this world, so am I. The joy of the LORD is my strength. I remain in His joy!! I am anointed with the FINEST OIL- the anointing oil of the LORD. I am anointed by the HOLY SPIRIT who teaches me all things. I fear not for I know He is with me! Hallelujah! I have the mind of Christ!

I love meditating on the Word of the LORD! It brings so much strength, hope and joy to my heart in the midst of all the discouragement and bad news the world likes to try to heap onto us like dust. The Word says to shake off the dust and move on. So I am. Everytime I encounter Jesus on His Word, He sweeps the dust of this world off me. :)

Nohing compares to You, LORD! :D


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod Touch


No comments:

Post a Comment